What are Serums? How do I know if they are suitable for me?
Serums have molecules small enough to penetrate deeper into the skin
Water-soluble ingredients like vitamins, anti-oxidants and acids are well suited for serum formulations. Whereas, ingredients that are lipophilic, like fats and oils, can not be delivered as effectively and are better suited to cream or lotion formulations.
Serums may be used to tackle a variety of common skin problems. These include:
- Dehydrated skin.
- Redness & blotchy skin.
- Under eye puffiness.
- Discoloration & dark spots.
- Lack of tone & firmness.
- Breakouts, Acne, pimples.
- Wrinkles & fine lines.
Although serums can be wondrous, they are just one piece of the healthy skin puzzle. Most serums don’t hydrate, which is why a serum + moisture combination is ideal.
Serums may contain the following:
- EXFOLIATORS to remove dead skin cells.
- VITAMINS such as A, C & E have anti-oxidant properties, prevent free radical damage & reduce common signs of stress and photo-ageing.
- HYALURONIC ACID allows serums to penetrate deeper & help address hydration.
- SKIN BRIGHTENERS that are naturally derived address dullness, melasma, age spots and post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentations.
- Anti-Bacterial Extracts refine pores and kill bacteria associated with acne and/or rosacea.
The moisturizer leaves a fine film on the skin and acts as a seal while the serum allows the key ingredients to penetrate deeper. When time allows, let the serum sit for 10-15 minutes before applying moisturizer.
Clarity MedSpa & Laser Centre was created with the purpose of providing superior aesthetic and laser services in a relaxed, yet professional environment. We have replaced the “one solution fits all” approach that is standard within the industry with a tailor-made offering that delivers treatments appropriate to both the initial assessment and your body’s response as you move through the process. Our commitment to the conscientious and complete care of your needs differentiates both our services and YOUR results. Call 416 960 2222 or Visit our website.