One of the most difficult of all wedding planning tasks is the choice for bridesmaid dresses. Everyone has different tastes, different colouring, and different body types, making it difficult to choose a dress. Before you get started, here are the 10 colours your bridesmaids don’t want to wear.
1. Red – Stay away from this colour, even in winter. It’s too flashy and can accentuate a large figure. For winter, consider cranberry instead.
2. Avocado – Green is becoming more popular. Unfortunately, many times green can look too much like something yucky than something pretty. Avoid drab or avocado green.
3. Purple – Ditch the “Barney” colour. If you are intent on choosing a purple hue to consider plum instead. It’s a dusty version that is much prettier.
4. Bright Orange – Your bridesmaids don’t want to look like little oranges parading down the aisle. Resist the urge to choose this option – it almost never looks good, especially when there is a lot of it.
5. Metallic – Whether silver or gold, metallic dresses usually end up looking cheap and bridesmaids will feel too gaudy wearing them.
6. Neon Colours – Neon is hot right now, but don’t choose it for bridesmaid’s dresses. Neon colours can look cheap and aren’t appropriate for a wedding.
7. Nude or Peach – Nude or peach hues are just too light, especially for fair-skinned bridesmaids. These colours not only look too washed out but they tend to make it look like you’re naked.
8. Yellow – Most gals can’t pull off yellow. While it looks great on the hanger, it really doesn’t do much for anyone wearing it. Skip yellow altogether but especially bright yellow because it can make your wedding party look like a group of bumblebees.
9. Light blue – Light blue has a way of looking like old dishwater. If you must go with blue, consider a brighter and more flattering hue such as teal.
10. Bubble Gum Pink – Pink is pretty but can be hard to wear. If you’re choosing pink, don’t pick a bright pink that looks like bubble gum. Instead, consider a lighter or more pastel hue.